les mis #4

In chapter 4, the bishop spent an entire day with a man who was soon to be executed. The bishop prayed for this man and helped him see light. The man being executed was so devastated, he didn't know what to do with himself. On the day of the execution, the bishop continued to talk to him until it was time for the execution to happen. The author makes it clear that he is against the death penalty. He talks about how only God has the right to condemn someone to death, humans shouldn't have that power. I agree with the author, I'm against the death penalty. I don't think someone should be killed for a crime. I know stories of many people who have been sentenced to death for crimes they didn't even commit and I find that so wrong. Innocent people have lost their lives to the death penalty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's symbolic

les mis #6